China is still the world’s workshop,it is still the default go to when sourcing or outsourcing manufacturing,China Sourcing is still very popular.Chinese import s represent 9.6% of total global import s which totaled $16.473 trillion one year earlier in 2015.
China is the factory of the world and every product you can imagine can be sourced in China .Here is the top 10 list of product categories value for 2015.They’ll always be in demand, they’re easily marketed and there’s a good profit margin. Although this is an expansive category and the possibilities are endless, we’ve curated a few ideas to start you off!
Top 11 list of product categories
- Electronic equipment: US$431.6 billion (25.7% of total Chinese imports)
- Electrical machinery, equipment: US$414.3 billion (26.1% of total imports)
- Mineral fuels including oil: $175.8 billion (11.1%)
- Machinery including computers: $147.8 billion (9.3%)
- Ores, slag, ash: $93.2 billion (5.9%)
- Optical, technical, medical apparatus: $92.6 billion (5.8%)
- Vehicles : $71.5 billion (4.5%)
- Plastics, plastic articles: $61 billion (3.8%)
- Organic chemicals: $43.9 billion (2.8%)
- Oil seeds: $38.3 billion (2.4%)
- Copper: $33.2 billion (2.1%)
These items are for leisure and hobbies. Some may be more suited to a niche; if you can identify and work with the markets, however, you can strike gold. If you aren’t familiar with the target audience and marketing to them would be a challenge, it would generally be a better idea to avoid these products however.
Tips for finding a good product to sell:
These product ideas are merely the first step; you’ll need to decide which product is going to be the best one for your business. There are many ways that you can do this, but we’ve shared a few of the methods that we’d recommend.
- Hot Products and Bestsellers. On sites like eBay and Amazon, there are often widgets telling you what the best-selling products are – this helps you to identify what goods are selling well and whether there’s a market demand for your product.
- Product Specifications. There are certain product qualities that help to determine whether or not a product is a worthwhile business investment.StartUpBros summarized a few key factors perfectly in their post Step By Step Guide On How To Find A Profitable Product To Sell:
– Small and light enough to be easily picked up,
– Specific, niche products (usually)
– Selling to consumers for $10-200
– Consistent stream of buyers
– Selling for twice as much as your buy price